Have you ever considered selling online as a side hustle?
I first ventured into side hustling by selling online through eBay. I made extra cash month in month out by selling both new and used items.
Using an online platform is a great way to get started with selling online. It gives you a chance to test the waters before making a larger commitment of time and money by opening your own eCommerce site.
For example, you get a chance to figure out:
- If your product choice sells well
- Whether or not you enjoy online retailing
- And, the customer interaction that goes along with it.
There are a couple of different ways to set up a side hustle, or full-time business, on Amazon so in this post, I’ve hunted up the best articles I can find on basic selling of items, new and used, on Amazon. I hope you enjoy them and can use the valuable knowledge they contain.
Selling online with Amazon
The Selling Family
Back in 2008, an interruption in employment provided the opportunity to look for other ways of income. So The Selling Family dove into selling stuff online with a definiteness of purpose.
You can read more about their story on their about page, but it’s pretty obvious, it all worked out for them.
A few years after starting their online selling venture, they turned selling on Amazon into a six-figure business that now supports their family. While working part time!
The Busy Budgeter
Starting in 2004 by selling online to downsize a massive collection of books, Rosemarie from The Busy Budgeter has sold all kinds of items on Amazon and made many thousands of dollars in the process.Using an online platform is a great way to get started with selling online. Click To Tweet
Are you new to my blog? Your Side Hustle Success aims to help you find ways to make extra money through building a business in your spare time. If you’re planning to build a blog or a website for your side hustle or business, here are some of my favourite sites and products that may help you out:
- Start a blog. Blogging is a great way create additional income. I make semi-passive income each and every month from my blogs and you can, too. Use my guide to create your own blog and you can start your blog for as little as the cost of a latte per month. Plus, sign up through my link and you get a free domain.
- Pinterest. Pinterest is my favourite way to promote my blogs and boost traffic. You can make pinning even easier if you use BoardBooster to schedule your pins. Use this link to sign-up for their free trial. If you want a simple graphics program to create your pinnable images, I highly recommend PicMonkey. It’s easy to use – even for novice designers.
- You can find more recommended resources here: Blogging Resources.
According to Frugal Ginger, selling online with Amazon isn’t for everyone (I agree) but you can make it into a successful side hustle if you put in the work.
In this article Ashley shares what she’s learned after selling on Amazon for three years.
In this article, Saira talks about how she managed to sell $45,000 worth of products on Amazon in just a few months as a pregnant stay at home mom. She talks about how she decided what to sell. As well as her biggest regrets and best tips.
His and Her Money
In this podcast interview on His and Her Money, Brad DeGraw AKA Amazon Sherpa talks about how he started his business on Amazon. A self-proclaimed Amazon nerd and eCommerce entrepreneur, he started with $100 and turned that into over $1,000,000 on Amazon.
Real Ways to Earn Money Online
In this article, you’ll see that there are other ways to make money through Amazons platform beyond selling. That because there’s a lot more to Amazon than just shopping.
If you’re interested in seeing what else you can do on Amazon this article is a great place to start. It’ll also provide great tips for selling online via Amazon’s various offerings.
Single Mom’s Income
This article for Single Mom’s Income also discusses additional ways to make money through Amazon that go beyond selling online.
Other Excellent Resources
Articles on Online Selling:
Entrenpreneur – Guide to Starting a Fulfillment by Amazon Business
eCommerce Fuel – How to Start Selling on Amazon with Matt Clark