Welcome to traffic and income update #2 from Your Side Hustle Success.
Why publish this information? Two reasons: firstly, since I started my first blog nearly two years ago I’ve found reading the monthly updates from other bloggers incredibly inspiring and motivating. And, secondly, this blog is all about creating a successful side hustle and I want to ‘walk the talk’ and document how this blog (and business) performs, right from day one. I really hope you’ll join me for the adventure.
Your Side Hustle Success published its first post, 7 Reasons Everyone Why Should Have a Side Hustle on December 12, 2016. That’s the date I’ll mark as the day this site was born.
Since then, a total of 10 posts have been published on the site, the following ones in January, 2017:
- December Traffic and Income Update
- 5 Quick Side Hustles to Make Money Immediately
- How Guilt-Free Procrastination Can Raise Your Productivity
- How to Make Early Retirement Redundant
There is never a ‘right time’ to start a blog or business
So start now. Don’t allow your need for perfection to stop you hitting the start button on your side hustle venture.
I can guarantee you it will never be perfect. Ever. Because the more you learn about what you’re doing, the more improvements you’ll want to make.
I’d been thinking about starting this blog for months. Many months. When I finally bit the bullet and organised my hosting, etc., I planned to launch the site in an organised and power-blogger-extraordinaire way. Ha! That didn’t happen.
In the end, I decided the site didn’t need to be perfect, it needed to be live. So I hit publish and here we are!Your side hustle dream doesn't need to be perfect, it needs to be brought to life. So get started today.Click To Tweet
This is the second income and traffic report but it’s the first full month of this blog being live and its seen the following results:
Page views – 1893 (+1379)
My page view goal for January was 1000, so this result was a bit mind blowing.
Most popular posts
- 7 TED Talks That Will Make You More Productive – 746
- 11 Perfect (and Cheap) Business Ideas for Happy Introverts – 458
- 5 Quick Side Hustles to Make Money Immediately – 157
- Google Adsense – $1.57
- Affiliate Sales – $100.00
- TOTAL = $101.57
So far, Your Side Hustle Success has a presence on Pinterest and Facebook. Expanding my social media presence is one of my major tasks as a strong social media presence is a key factor in growing your blog’s page views and building a dedicated audience.
You can follow Your Side Hustle Success on the following social media sites:
January’s Goals – Update
These are the blog related goals I set for January. Given January was very busy (it’s summer-time here) and I didn’t tick all my goals off, but I’m still delighted with the blog’s progress so far.
- Traffic – I hope to hit 1,000 pageviews for the month. Done! And nearly doubled.
- Pinterest – Reach 500 followers Close but not quite – 470
- Facebook – Kick start the page and hopefully get a follower to two. Done! Followers = 12
- Income – Launch my first eBook before the end of January and incorporate affiliate sales into my monetisation strategy. Not done. First affiliate sales but eBook still in draft form.
Goals for February
- Publish more frequently. Aiming for twice per week.
- Set up free download for Pinterest Quick Start Checklist.
- Increase page views to 2,000.
- Finish & publish eBook.
- Increase Pinterest followers by 30%.
- Increase Facebook followers by 100%.
Are you new to my blog? Your Side Hustle Success aims to help you find ways to make extra money through building a business in your spare time. Are you planning to build a blog or a website for your side hustle or business? Here are some of my favourite sites and products that may help you out:
- Start a blog. Blogging is a great way create additional income. I make semi-passive income each and every month from my blogs and you can, too. Use my guide to create your own blog and you can start your blog for as low as $3.95 per month. Plus, sign up through my link and you get a free domain.
- Pinterest. Pinterest is my favourite way to promote my blogs and boost traffic. You can make pinning even easier if you use BoardBooster to schedule your pins. Use this link to sign-up for their free trial. If you want a simple graphics program to create your pinnable images, I highly recommend PicMonkey. It’s easy to use – even for novice designers.
- You can find more recommended resources here: Blogging Resources.
Please feel free to ask questions or make suggestions!